Thursday 28 July 2011

Harry Potter

Sunny, warm, temps 30

Gorgeous day in Montreal. Yesterday threatened a bit, but turned out beautifully. Some accounting needed to be done, then lunch with friends, then Home Depot, to get some stuff (including in this case the not-proverbial kitchen sink) for the quickly approaching renovations. We went from having no idea what we really wanted - and not much of an opinion - to experts, in about half an hour. Sadly, as often happens, Michael held one expert opinion and I another. But Home Depot solved the dilemma by not having my 'opinion' available...so we ended up with Michael's. And for the life of me now I can't remember what the difference could possibly have been.

We're off to see Harry Potter in about an hour. It's playing all over Montreal, of course. But among the theatres is the Imax - in 3D. So we bought tickets to that and will be going with the three Mounts. We're all extremely excited. Oddly, I read all the books, except the last. Can't explain why I didn't read the last one. Perhaps I didn't want it to end. I also didn't read the last Colin Dexter Morse book. Too sad.

Spent 4 hours today - from 10am to 2pm dealing with Rogers Canada, trying to get Michael a new blackberry, and to fix mine. I could have, of course, simply upgraded. Mine is quite old. But I'm used to it, and I like it, and it just seems wasteful too. So I had to hop in a taxi and find some small office downtown, crammed between two restaurants, where a man fixed blackberries and iPhones. After a couple of tries, he did it! Feels great. Especially given the big book tour coming up...didn't want to be without a blackberry, or with one that only semi-worked.

Off to do some work on the August newsletter (being sent out by Linda August 1st) - then the Mounts are picking us up at 3.

Talk to you soon -

4 comments:

Mary said...

I haven't read the last Harry Potter book either, but I did finally purchase it. Now I am re-reading all of the previous ones before I read #7 (I just started book 4 last night). Hope you and Michael enjoy the movie.

Reine said...

Hah. So far I've read all of two authors' books - yours and JK Rowling's. More than a few times. I love them all that much.

Lanora said...

Regarding the Harry Potter series, I read all the books and then reread all but the last one, and reread all but the last one again, until I figured out why I couldn't reread the last one. Yes, it is sad, but it is also the lack of Dumbledore.
Sometimes I turn the radio off in the middle of a favorite song, so the song keeps playing in my head.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only person who could not finish the last Harry Potter, too fraught with feelings about the end of the series. Nice to know I'm not alone!