Sunday 22 February 2009

Party Planner

snow, mild, temps minus 2

Beautiful, snowy day. Almost a storm except it's falling so steadily and so straight.

Short blog today - lovely day...getting loads of things done. We're having a 75th birthday party for Michael with our family and closest friends, so I spent much of the day calling people. That was fun.

Watching the Academy Awards right now...I LOVE Hugh Jackman. And so far the awards are fabulous - loved how they got 5 winners from previous years to introduce the nominees for best supporting actress. Beautiful.

Off to Montreal tomorrow. Hope the weather isn't too bad. Hair at 1pm, speaking to book club at 6pm. Mike and Dom are also going back and they say we can form a 'convoy' through the snow. That's always more fun. And feels more secure.

Off to bed...and the Academy Awards!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Louise - I don't know if you've seen it yet but I highly recommend the movie Frozen River. Melissa Leo was nominated for best actress award. I think you will like it as it takes place at the border of New York and Canada. Very, very interesting. It is on DVD rental here so hope you can get it. The awards were great and I agree with you - love Hugh Jackman.
Regards, Donna

Louise Penny Author said...

Hi Donna,

I'm really looking fdorward to seeing it! I've heard great things. I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't seen any of the big fims, except The Dark Knight or whatever that was called.

Louise Penny Author said...

Hi Donna,

I'm really looking fdorward to seeing it! I've heard great things. I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't seen any of the big fims, except The Dark Knight or whatever that was called.